Parmesan-Basil Soft Pretzels
- Prep Time: 25 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Ready Time: 75 min
- Yield: 16 servings
- 1 package Pillsbury™ Parmesan & Basil Artisan Bread Mix
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 cup very warm water (110° to 120°F)
- 1 large egg, plus 1 egg yolk, at room temperature, divided
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons poppy seeds or sesame seeds (optional)
- Dipping sauce like creamy mustard, marinara sauce or cheese sauce, if desired (optional)
- COMBINE bread mix, yeast packet and sugar in large bowl. Stir in warm water. Stir in 1 egg. Knead on lightly floured surface 5 minutes. Let rest 5 minutes.
- HEAT oven to 375°F. Coat baking sheets with no-stick cooking spray. Divide dough into 16 equal pieces. Cover dough to prevent from drying out. Roll and gently stretch each piece, one at a time, into an 18-inch rope. To shape into pretzels, curve ends of rope to make a circle, crossing ends of rope at top. Twist ends together, then lay over bottom of circle. Place on prepared baking sheets.
- WHISK egg yolk and cold water until blended. Brush on pretzels. Combine coarse salt and poppy or sesame seeds if using; sprinkle over pretzels. Let rest 5 minutes. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from baking sheets to wire rack to cool. Serve warm with dipping sauce if desired.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 of 16 pretzels), Calories 110 (Calories from Fat 20), Total Fat 2g (Saturated Fat 0g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 35mg, Sodium 640mg, Total Carbohydrate 19g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 4g), Protein 5g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 6%, Calcium 4%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.