- Prep Time: 45 min
- Cook Time: 33 min
- Ready Time: 150 min
- Yield: 12 servings
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 package Pillsbury® Moist Supreme® Devil's Food Premium Cake Mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 (16 oz.) can Pillsbury® Creamy Supreme® Vanilla Flavored Frosting
- Green food coloring
- 1 (4.25 oz.) tube green decorator frosting
- Decorating tips
- Assorted Candies
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Spray a 13 x 9-inch pan with no-stick cooking spray. Line with wax paper and spray again.
- PREPARE cake as directed on package, using water, oil and eggs. Pour into prepared pan.
- BAKE 31 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes. Carefully remove cake from pan. Remove wax paper from cake. Cool completely.
- CUT heavy piece of cardboard into a 18 x 15-inch rectangle or dinosaur shape. Cover with foil. Cut dinosaur shape out of cake. Use extra pieces of cake to make tail and feet, then place next to body.
- COMBINE frosting and 6 to 8 drops food coloring in small bowl. Stir until well blended. Frost sides and top of cake. Use tube of green decorator frosting with star tip to form dinosaur scales. Use candies or frosting to form eyes, mouth, nose and claws.
High Altitude (above 3500 ft.):
- SEE directions on package.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/12 of cake), Calories 440 (Calories from Fat 180), Total Fat 20g (Saturated Fat 4g, Trans Fat 2g), Cholesterol 50mg, Sodium 420mg, Total Carbohydrate 66g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 48g), Protein 3g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 8%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.