Passion Fruit Mousse Pie
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Ready Time: 180 min
- Yield: 8 servings
- 1 1/3 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 stick well-chilled Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1/2 cup well-chilled Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- 3 to 6 tablespoons ice cold water
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1 1/4 cups thawed frozen passion fruit pulp, pureed, or fresh passion fruit puree
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 cups cold heavy cream, divided
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons grated white chocolate or white chocolate curls
- For crust, BLEND flour, sugar and salt in medium mixing bowl. Cut chilled shortening into 1/2-inch cubes. Cut chilled shortening cubes into flour mixture, using a pastry blender, in an up and down chopping motion, until mixture resembles coarse crumbs with some small pea-sized pieces remaining.
- SPRINKLE 3 tablespoons ice cold water over the flour mixture. Using a fork, stir and draw flour from bottom of bowl to the top, distributing moisture evenly into flour. Press chunks down to bottom of bowl with fork. Add more water by the tablespoon, until dough is moist enough to hold together when pressed together.
- SHAPE dough into a ball. Flatten ball into 1/2-inch thick round disk. Wrap dough in plastic wrap. Chill for 30 minutes or up to 2 days. Roll dough from center outward with steady pressure on a lightly floured work surface (or between two sheets of wax or parchment paper) into a 12-inch circle. Transfer dough to 9-inch pie plate, easing dough into pie plate. Trim edges of dough leaving a 3/4-inch overhang. Fold edge under. Flute edge as desired.
- HEAT oven to 425°F. Thoroughly prick bottom and sides of unbaked pie crust with fork (50 times) to prevent it from blistering or rising. Bake crust, in lower third of oven, 10 to 12 minutes or until edges and bottom are golden brown. Cool completely on wire rack.
- For filling, SPRINKLE gelatine over passion fruit puree in small saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat 5 minutes or until gelatin is completely dissolved. Transfer to a large bowl; cool 15 minutes. Stir in sweetened condensed milk until blended.
- BEAT 1 cup heavy cream in medium bowl with electric mixer on medium-high speed until stiff peaks form. Fold into passion fruit mixture until completely blended. Spread in cooled pie crust. Chill 1 hour or until set. Beat remaining 1 cup heavy cream and powdered sugar in medium bowl with electric mixer on medium-high speed until stiff peaks form. Spread over top of pie. Sprinkle with white chocolate.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/8 of pie), Calories 630 (Calories from Fat 350), Total Fat 39g (Saturated Fat 20g, Trans Fat 0.5g), Cholesterol 95mg, Sodium 230mg, Total Carbohydrate 64g (Dietary Fiber 4g, Sugars 42g), Protein 9g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 30%, Vitamin C 20%, Calcium 20%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.