Pasta Primavera with Lemon-Caper Sauce
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Ready Time: 50 min
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1/4 cup Crisco® Pure Olive Oil
- 1 large red or yellow onion, chopped
- 1 pound fresh asparagus spears, trimmed, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium yellow squash or zucchini, quartered lengthwise, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 8 ounces uncooked linguine pasta
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
- 1 (14 1/2 oz.) can chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons Santa Cruz Organic® Pure Lemon Juice
- 1/4 cup Crosse & Blackwell® Capers, drained
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- HEAT oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add onion. Cook over medium-low heat 7 minutes or until soft. Add asparagus, yellow squash, salt and pepper. Cook an additional 5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- COOK pasta in salted water according to package directions, adding frozen peas and carrots during last 5 minutes of cooking time. Drain.
- HEAT butter in medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in flour and garlic until blended. Gradually stir in chicken broth until smooth. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to low; simmer 5 minutes. Stir in lemon juice and capers.
- COMBINE pasta, vegetable and sauce mixtures in pasta pot. Add parsley; stir until blended. Sprinkle individual servings with cheese.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Calories 0 (Calories from Fat 0), Total Fat 0g (Saturated Fat 0g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 0mg, Total Carbohydrate 0g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 0g), Protein 0g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 0%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.