- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Ready Time: 60 min
- Yield: 9 servings
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash of ground nutmeg
- 1/3 cup water
- 4 cups sliced fresh peaches
- OR 1 (20 oz.) bag frozen sliced peaches, thawed
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1/4 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Ice cream or whipped cream (optional)
- HEAT oven to 400°F. Coat an 8x8-inch baking dish lightly with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, nutmeg and water in medium saucepan. Add peach slices. Cook over medium-high heat until mixture comes to boil, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Stir in almond extract. Pour into prepared baking dish. Place in oven to keep warm while preparing topping.
- MIX flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. Cut in shortening with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Combine milk and vanilla. Pour over flour mixture, stirring just until moistened. Remove baking dish from oven. Drop biscuit mixture in 9 mounds on top of hot fruit.
- BAKE 20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream, if desired.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/9 of recipe), Calories 200 (Calories from Fat 50), Total Fat 6g (Saturated Fat 1.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 150mg, Total Carbohydrate 35g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 23g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%, Vitamin C 8%, Calcium 6%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.