Peach Delight Pie
- Prep Time: 25 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Ready Time: 105 min
- Yield: 8 servings
- 2 1/2 cups (2 to 3 large) peeled, sliced fresh or frozen peaches
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar, plus additional for topping
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 cup Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Double Crust Classic Crisco Pie Crust
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- COMBINE peaches, sugar, tapioca, lemon juice and almond extract in medium bowl. Stir well. Let stand while making crumb mixture and crust.
- COMBINE flour, brown sugar, nuts and butter in small bowl until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- HEAT oven to 425°F.
- PREPARE recipe for double crust pie, using a 9-inch pie plate. Roll out dough for bottom crust and place in pie plate according to recipe directions. Trim edge of dough leaving a 3/4-inch overhang. Fold edge under. Flute dough as desired. Sprinkle half of crumb mixture over unbaked pie crust.
- POUR peach filling into unbaked bottom crust. Top with remaining crumbs.
- ROLL out dough for top crust. Cut heart shapes out of dough with cookie cutter. Place on filling around edge of pie with heart tips pointing to center.
- BRUSH hearts with egg white. Sprinkle with granulated sugar. Cover edge of pie with foil to prevent overbrowning.
- BAKE at 425°F for 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350ºF. Bake 25 minutes. Remove foil. Bake 5 minutes or until crust browns. Serve barely warm or at room temperature.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/8 of pie), Calories 490 (Calories from Fat 220), Total Fat 24g (Saturated Fat 7g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 10mg, Sodium 330mg, Total Carbohydrate 63g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 30g), Protein 5g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%, Vitamin C 6%, Calcium 2%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.