- Prep Time: 25 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Ready Time: 90 min
- Yield: 4 1/2 dozen bars
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1/2 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1/2 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 1/4 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 3/4 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (12 oz. pkg.) peanut butter chips, divided
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter
- 2 to 4 tablespoons milk
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Coat a 13 x 9–inch baking pan lightly with the no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE shortening, brown sugar, peanut butter, milk, vanilla and almond extracts in bowl of electric mixer; beat at medium speed until well blended. Add egg. Beat just until blended.
- COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt in medium bowl. Add to shortening mixture at low speed. Mix just until blended. Stir in 1 cup peanut butter chips. Press mixture into prepared pan.
- BAKE 20 minutes. Remove from oven; sprinkle with remaining 1 cup peanut butter chips. Let stand 5 minutes or until chips melt. Spread evenly over surface. Cool.
- COMBINE powdered sugar, peanut butter and milk in small bowl; beat well. Drizzle over cooled bars. Cut into 2 1/4 x 1-inch bars.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 bar of 54), Calories 120 (Calories from Fat 60), Total Fat 6g (Saturated Fat 2g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 90mg, Total Carbohydrate 13g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 9g), Protein 3g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.