Peanut Butter, Apple and Sausage Muffins
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Ready Time: 60 min
- Yield: 12 muffins
- 2 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup Crisco® Pure Canola Oil
- 6 small, cooked sausage patties, halved
- 1/2 cup Smucker's® Apple Jelly
- HEAT oven to 375ºF. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in large bowl; mix well.
- BEAT egg in small bowl; whisk in peanut butter. Stir in milk a little at a time; add oil and mix well. Pour into bowl with dry ingredients; stir gently to combine (this is a stiff batter; do not over mix).
- LINE a 12 muffin pan with paper muffin cups. Fill the lined cups 1/3 full of batter. Make a shallow indentation in the center of the batter with your finger; do not go to the bottom of the cup.
- PLACE 1 teaspoon jelly in each indentation. Top with halved sausage patties. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full with remaining batter.
- BAKE 20 minutes until done and golden brown. Remove from oven and cool in pan 5 minutes. Remove from pan and cool on wire rack; serve warm.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/12), Calories 290 (Calories from Fat 130), Total Fat 15g (Saturated Fat 2g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 20mg, Sodium 290mg, Total Carbohydrate 34g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 13g), Protein 7g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 6%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.