Peanut Butter Banana Flax Seed Muffins
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Ready Time: 45 min
- Yield: 12 muffins
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 cup Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup Jif® Omega-3 Creamy Peanut Butter
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons milled flax seed
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup soy milk or milk
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (2 large)
- 1 large egg
- 2/3 cup chopped dates
- HEAT oven to 375°F. Coat 12 muffin cups with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE flour, sugar and peanut butter in large bowl with a fork until even crumbs form. Stir in walnuts. Reserve 1 cup for topping.
- ADD flax seed, baking powder and salt to flour mixture. Stir in milk, bananas and egg until evenly moistened. Stir in dates. Divide evenly in muffin cups using a heaping 1/4 cup batter each. Sprinkle reserved crumb mixture on top.
- BAKE 28 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 muffin), Calories 320 (Calories from Fat 150), Total Fat 17g (Saturated Fat 2.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 20mg, Sodium 200mg, Total Carbohydrate 39g (Dietary Fiber 4g, Sugars 23g), Protein 8g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 4%, Calcium 6%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.