Peanut Butter Banana Nut Cookies
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 11 min
- Ready Time: 120 min
- Yield: 3 dozen
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tbsp. Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1/2 stick plus 1 tbsp. sticks Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1/2 cup mashed banana
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 2 tablespoons Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1/4 cup Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- Hot water
- 1 cup peanut butter chips (optional), for garnish
- HEAT oven to 350ºF.
- BEAT powdered sugar, peanut butter, shortening, banana, egg and vanilla in large mixing bowl with an electric mixer at medium speed until well blended. Combine flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda in medium bowl. Add gradually to shortening mixture and beat at low speed until well blended. Stir in nuts. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2-inches apart onto ungreased baking sheet.
- BAKE 11 to 13 minutes or until light brown around edges. Cool 3 minutes on baking sheet. Place on cooling rack to cool completely.
- MELT 2 tablespoons shortening in medium saucepan over low heat. Add marshmallows and peanut butter. Heat until melted, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla. Place powdered sugar in medium bowl. Add marshmallow mixture and hot water, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until desired consistency. Frost cookies. Sprinkle with peanut butter chips if desired.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 180 (Calories from Fat 100), Total Fat 11g (Saturated Fat 2.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 100mg, Total Carbohydrate 18g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 12g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.