Peanut Butter Berry Bars
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Ready Time: 90 min
- Yield: 16 servings
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 1/4 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons Crisco® Pure Canola Oil
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup Smucker's® Natural Chunky Peanut Butter, plus 1 tablespoon
- 1/2 cup Smucker's® Low Sugar™ Reduced Sugar Strawberry Preserves
- HEAT oven to 375°F. Coat 8 x 8-inch baking pan with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. Add oil and egg. Mix with fork to make fine crumbs. Reserve 1/2 cup of mixture for topping. Press remaining crumbs into bottom of prepared pan. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until surface is dry. Mix 1/2 cup reserved crumbs and 1 tablespoon peanut butter with fork until evenly moistened.
- SPREAD 1/2 cup peanut butter gently over partially baked crust, letting heat from bars soften peanut butter. Spread preserves over peanut butter. Sprinkle with peanut butter crumbs. Bake 15 to 17 minutes or until center is set. Cool. Cut into bars.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/16), Calories 150 (Calories from Fat 60), Total Fat 7g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 15mg, Sodium 90mg, Total Carbohydrate 18g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 9g), Protein 3g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 4%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.