Peanut Butter Blossoms
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Ready Time: 60 min
- Yield: 4 Dozen Cookies
- 1/2 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1/2 cup Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 48 foil-wrapped milk chocolate pieces, unwrapped
- HEAT oven to 375°F.
- CREAM together shortening, peanut butter, brown sugar and 1/2 cup sugar. Add egg, milk and vanilla. Beat well.
- STIR together flour, baking soda and salt. Add to creamed mixture. Beat on low speed until stiff dough forms.
- SHAPE into 1-inch balls. Roll in sugar. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- BAKE 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- TOP each cookie immediately with an unwrapped chocolate piece, pressing down firmly so that cookie cracks around edge. Remove from cookie sheets to cool.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 100 (Calories from Fat 100), Total Fat 5g (Saturated Fat 1.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 70mg, Total Carbohydrate 12g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 6g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.