Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Ready Time: 60 min
- Yield: 5 dozen
- 1 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/4 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped peanuts
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (12 oz. pkg.)
- HEAT oven to 350ºF.
- BEAT shortening, sugar, brown sugar, peanut butter, vanilla and almond extracts in mixing bowl with an electric mixer at medium speed until well blended. Add eggs. Beat until blended.
- COMBINE flour, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. Add gradually to shortening mixture at low speed. Mix just until blended. Stir in peanuts and chocolate chips. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2-inches apart onto ungreased baking sheet.
- BAKE 10 to 12 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheets. Place on cooling racks to cool completely.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 130 (Calories from Fat 70), Total Fat 8g (Saturated Fat 2.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 65mg, Total Carbohydrate 14g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 9g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.