Peanut Butter Classic Cookies
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Ready Time: 75 min
- Yield: 5 dozen cookies
- 1 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 cup Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Sugar for dipping
- Crisco® Butter Flavor No-Stick Cooking Spray
- COMBINE shortening, peanut butter, sugar and powdered sugar in large bowl. Beat at medium speed with mixer until well blended. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt in medium bowl. Add to creamed mixture at low speed until just blended. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- HEAT oven to 350ºF. Coat baking sheet with no-stick cooking spray. Form dough into 1-inch balls. Dip 1/2 of each ball into sugar. Place sugar side up, 2 inches apart on sheet. Flatten slightly with fork in a crisscross pattern.
- BAKE 12 to 15 minutes. Cool 2 minutes. Remove to wire rack to cool completely.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 90 (Calories from Fat 50), Total Fat 6g (Saturated Fat 1.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 85mg, Total Carbohydrate 10g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 6g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.