Peanut Butter Classic Cookies
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Ready Time: 75 min
- Yield: 5 dozen cookies
- 1 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 cup Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Sugar for dipping
- Crisco® Butter Flavor No-Stick Cooking Spray
- COMBINE shortening, peanut butter, 1 cup sugar and powdered sugar in large bowl. Beat at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt in medium bowl. Mix into creamed mixture at low speed until just blended. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- HEAT oven to 350ºF. Coat baking sheet lightly with no-stick cooking spray. Form dough into 1-inch balls. Dip 1/2 of each ball into sugar. Place sugar side up, 2 inches apart on sheet. Flatten with floured fork.
- BAKE 12 to 15 minutes. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet. Remove to cooling rack.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 90 (Calories from Fat 50), Total Fat 6g (Saturated Fat 1.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 85mg, Total Carbohydrate 10g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 6g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.