Peanut Butter Cocoa Cookies
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Ready Time: 90 min
- Yield: 8 dozen cookies
- 1 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 cup Jif® Extra Crunchy Peanut Butter
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- HEAT oven to 350°F.
- COMBINE shortening, peanut butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar in bowl of electric mixer; beat at medium speed until well blended. Gradually add eggs and vanilla, beating well.
- COMBINE flour, cocoa, baking powder and baking soda in medium bowl. Add to shortening mixture, beating at low speed until blended. Stir in chocolate chips. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- BAKE 10 to 12 minutes, or until edges are lightly browned. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheets. Place on cooling racks to cool completely.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 70 (Calories from Fat 35), Total Fat 4g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 35mg, Total Carbohydrate 8g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 6g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.