Peanut Butter Crunchy Surprises
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Ready Time: 75 min
- Yield: 4 dozen cookies
- 1 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 cup Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/2 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 cups crushed potato chips
- HEAT oven to 375ºF.
- COMBINE shortening, peanut butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar and vanilla in large bowl of electric mixer; beat at medium speed until well blended. Beat in eggs.
- COMBINE flour and baking soda in medium bowl. Mix into shortening mixture at low speed until just blended.
- FORM dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in crushed potato chips. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheet. Make crisscross pattern on dough with floured fork.
- BAKE 8 to 10 minutes, or until lightly browned. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet. Remove to cooling rack.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 150 (Calories from Fat 80), Total Fat 9g (Saturated Fat 2g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 10mg, Sodium 105mg, Total Carbohydrate 15g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 7g), Protein 3g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 0%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.