Peanut Butter Dunkers
- Prep Time: 25 min
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Ready Time: 100 min
- Yield: 4 dozen cookies
- 2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1/2 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1/2 cup Jif® Extra Crunchy Peanut Butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 2/3 cups peanut butter chips (10 oz. pkg.)
- 3/4 cup reserved peanut butter chips
- 1 tablespoon Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1 tablespoon Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- HEAT oven to 350°F.
- COMBINE brown sugar, shortening and peanut butter in bowl of electric mixer; beat at medium speed until well blended. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- COMBINE flour, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. Add gradually to shortening mixture at low speed. Beat until well blended. Reserve 3/4 cup peanut butter chips. Stir remaining into batter.
- SHAPE slightly rounded measuring tablespoonfuls of dough into 2 1/2-inch long peanut shapes on baking sheet. Space 2 inches apart.
- BAKE 10 to 12 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheets. Place on cooling racks to cool completely.
- PLACE 3/4 cup peanut butter chips and 1 tablespoon shortening in heavy resealable food storage bag. Seal. Microwave on MEDIUM (50% power) 1 minute. Repeat until melted. Knead bag until smooth. Cut tiny tip off corner of bag. Squeeze to outline peanut shape around each cookie and make cross lines in center.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 120 (Calories from Fat 50), Total Fat 6g (Saturated Fat 1.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 10mg, Sodium 65mg, Total Carbohydrate 16g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 11g), Protein 3g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.