Peanut Butter Honey Brownies
- Prep Time: 35 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Ready Time: 110 min
- Yield: 16 Brownies
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 3/4 cup Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 (15.5 oz.) package Pillsbury® Chocolatier Collection™ Chocolate Walnut Premium Brownie Mix
- 1/4 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons butter
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Spray 8 or 9-inch square baking pan with no-stick cooking spray. Combine peanut butter and honey in a small bowl, blending until smooth.
- COMBINE brownie mix, 1/4 cup butter, water and egg in large bowl, beating 50 strokes with spoon. Spread half of batter in prepared pan. Score batter into 16 squares. Using 1/4 cup of the peanut butter-honey mixture, place scant measuring teaspoon of mixture in center of each square. Carefully spread remaining brownie batter over top.
- BAKE 30 to 35 minutes or until edges pull away from sides of pan. Cool 45 minutes.
- SPREAD remaining peanut butter mixture over brownies. In small saucepan, combine chocolate chips and 3 tablespoons butter. Cook over low heat until melted and smooth, stirring constantly. Spoon and spread chocolate mixture over peanut butter mixture on brownies. Cool 45 minutes or refrigerate until set. Cut into bars.
High Altitude (above 3500 ft.):
- ADD 1/4 cup flour to dry brownie mix; increase water to 1/4 cup. Bake as directed above.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/16), Calories 310 (Calories from Fat 150), Total Fat 17g (Saturated Fat 4g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 25mg, Sodium 150mg, Total Carbohydrate 37g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 28g), Protein 5g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.