Peanut Butter Marshmallow Whoopie Pies
- Prep Time: 25 min
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Ready Time: 75 min
- Yield: 14 whoopie pies
- 1 package Pillsbury™ Moist Supreme® Classic White Premium Cake Mix
- 2/3 cup Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cocktail peanuts
- 1 cup Jif® Extra Crunchy Peanut Butter
- 14 regular marshmallows
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- BEAT cake mix, 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter, brown sugar, oil, water, eggs, vanilla and almond extract in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until blended.
- DROP batter onto prepared baking sheets, 2 inches apart, using a medium scoop (2 tablespoons) to create 28 mounds. Sprinkle evenly with peanuts. Bake 11 to 13 minutes or until centers are set. Cool 1 minute. Remove cookies to wire rack to cool completely.
- SPREAD flat side of 1 cookie with a scant tablespoon crunchy peanut butter; set aside. Place another cookie on microwave-safe plate, flat side up. Top with 1 marshmallow, flat, circular side down. Microwave on HIGH about 10 seconds, watching carefully, and stopping microwave as soon as marshmallow begins to puff. Remove from microwave. Top with peanut butter coated cookie to make the whoopie pie, peanut butter side down, pressing gently to spread marshmallow. Repeat to assemble remaining whoopie pies, one at a time, when ready to eat.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 pie of 14), Calories 480 (Calories from Fat 250), Total Fat 29g (Saturated Fat 6g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 40mg, Sodium 580mg, Total Carbohydrate 50g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 32g), Protein 11g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 4%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.