Peanut Butter Oatmeal Sandwich Cookies
- Prep Time: 40 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Ready Time: 90 min
- Yield: 2 dozen sandwich cookies
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter, divided
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup quick-cooking or old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup Pillsbury™ Whipped Supreme® Fluffy White Frosting
- OR Pillsbury™ Whipped Supreme® Vanilla Flavored Frosting
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper, if desired. Beat brown sugar and butter in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until creamy. Add 1/2 cup peanut butter, egg and vanilla, beating until blended.
- COMBINE flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and baking powder in medium bowl, stirring until well blended. Gradually add to creamed mixture, beating just until blended. Mix in oats.
- DROP by 2 level teaspoonfuls, 2 inches apart, onto prepared baking sheets to make 48 mounds. Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheet 3 minutes. Remove to wire rack to cool completely.
- BEAT frosting and remaining 3/4 cup peanut butter in medium bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until blended. Spread in an even layer on the flat side of half the cookies. Place another cookie, flat side down, on top of filling mixture to make sandwich cookies.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 sandwich cookie of 24), Calories 210 (Calories from Fat 110), Total Fat 13g (Saturated Fat 4.5g, Trans Fat 0.5g), Cholesterol 20mg, Sodium 190mg, Total Carbohydrate 22g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 15g), Protein 5g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.