Peanut Butter Sombreros
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 9 min
- Ready Time: 75 min
- Yield: 4 dozen cookies
- 3/4 cup Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1/2 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 1/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 3/4 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Granulated sugar
- 40 to 50 foil-wrapped milk chocolate pieces, unwrapped
- HEAT oven to 375°F.
- COMBINE peanut butter, shortening, brown sugar, milk and vanilla in bowl of electric mixer; beat at medium speed until well blended. Beat in egg.
- COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt in medium bowl. Add to peanut butter mixture, beating on low speed just until blended. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in granulated sugar. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- BAKE 6 minutes. Press chocolate piece into center of each cookie. Bake 3 minutes longer. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheets. Place on cooling racks to cool completely.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 110 (Calories from Fat 50), Total Fat 6g (Saturated Fat 2g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 80mg, Total Carbohydrate 13g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 6g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.