Peanut Butter Thumbprints
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 9 min
- Ready Time: 75 min
- Yield: 3 dozen cookies
- 1 1/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1/2 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening
- 3 teaspoons milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 3/4 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup Smucker's® Orchard's Finest® Pacific Mountain Strawberry Preserves, stirred
- HEAT oven to 375°F.
- COMBINE brown sugar, peanut butter, shortening, milk and vanilla in bowl of electric mixer; beat at medium speed until well blended. Beat in egg just until blended.
- COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt in medium bowl. Beat into peanut butter mixture at low speed just until blended.
- SHAPE dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in granulated sugar. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- BAKE 6 minutes. Immediately press centers of cookies with back of measuring teaspoon. Bake 3 minutes longer or until cookies are set and just beginning to brown. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet.
- SPOON preserves into center of each cookie. Place on cooling rack to cool completely.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 120 (Calories from Fat 50), Total Fat 6g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 105mg, Total Carbohydrate 15g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 10g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.