- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Ready Time: 105 min
- Yield: 8 servings
- Single Crust Classic Crisco Pie Crust
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups milk
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
- 4 large egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (7 oz.) bag chocolate-covered peanuts, chopped
- HEAT oven to 452°F. Prepare and bake single pie crust according to recipe directions, using a 9-inch pie plate.
- REDUCE oven temperature to 350°F.
- COMBINE granulated sugar, brown sugar, flour, cornstarch and salt in saucepan. Add milk and peanut butter chips gradually. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil and thickens. Reduce heat. Cook and stir 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- BEAT egg yolks lightly with a fork in a small bowl. Stir 1 cup hot mixture slowly into yolks, mixing thoroughly. Return mixture to saucepan. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir over low heat 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in butter and vanilla. Pour mixture into baked pie crust.
- BAKE 12 minutes. Sprinkle with chocolate covered peanuts immediately. Cool to room temperature before serving. Store in refrigerator.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/8 of pie), Calories 580 (Calories from Fat 290), Total Fat 32g (Saturated Fat 13g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 125mg, Sodium 340mg, Total Carbohydrate 62g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 37g), Protein 12g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 10%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 15%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.