Peanutty Pineapple Carrot Cake with Peanut Butter Frosting
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Ready Time: 0 min
- Yield: 15 servings
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 1 cup Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup sweetened coconut
- 1 (8 oz.) can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 (16 oz.) container Pillsbury® Creamy Supreme® Cream Cheese Flavored Frosting
- 1/3 cup Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter
- 3 tablespoons Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Coat 13x9-inch cake pan lightly with no-stick cooking spray.
- STIR together flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in a medium bowl. Beat oil, peanut butter, sugar, eggs and milk in a large mixing bowl. Stir in carrots, walnuts, coconut and pineapple. Add flour mixture and stir until combined. Spread evenly in prepared pan.
- BAKE 32 to 37 mintues or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely on wire rack.
- STIR frosting and peanut butter until combined. Spread on cooled cake. Place 3 tablespoons peanut butter in a resealable plastic bag. Microwave on HIGH 10 seconds. Make a small cut in one corner of bag. Drizzle peanut butter over top of cake in lines across the short side. Then using a table knife, lightly slice through peanut butter down the long side to create design.
PEANUTTY PINEAPPLE CARROT CUPCAKES
- LINE 24 muffin cups with paper baking cups. Divide batter evenly between cups, about 3/4 full. Bake 20 to 22 minutes. Let cool 2 minutes. Remove from pan. Cool completely. Frost as above. Decorate each cupcake with peanut butter swirl.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/15), Calories 560 (Calories from Fat 300), Total Fat 34g (Saturated Fat 7g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 45mg, Sodium 340mg, Total Carbohydrate 58g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 39g), Protein 11g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 35%, Vitamin C 4%, Calcium 2%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.