Pecan Date Nut Bread with Chutney Spread
- Prep Time: 40 min
- Cook Time: 55 min
- Ready Time: 150 min
- Yield: 10 to 12 servings
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 2 cups Pillsbury BEST™ Whole Wheat Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 2 cups dates, chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup Crosse & Blackwell® Pineapple Pepper Chutney
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Spray bottom of large loaf pan with no-stick cooking spray and line with parchment paper.
- BEAT butter and sugar in large bowl. Add egg, vanilla and orange peel. Sift together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt in medium bowl. Alternately add flour mixture and orange juice to butter mixture, using low speed of electric mixer, just until combined. Stir in dates and pecans. Pour batter into prepared pan and smooth the top.
- BAKE 55 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes, then turn out onto wire rack and cool completely.
- COMBINE cream cheese and chutney in small bowl; stir until smooth. To serve, slice bread and spread with chutney cheese spread.
- TIP This batter also makes great mini-muffins.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/10 of loaf), Calories 460 (Calories from Fat 170), Total Fat 19g (Saturated Fat 8g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 55mg, Sodium 470mg, Total Carbohydrate 70g (Dietary Fiber 6g, Sugars 47g), Protein 7g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 10%, Vitamin C 10%, Calcium 15%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.