Pecan Encrusted Pork Loin with Cranberry Orange Glaze
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 50 min
- Ready Time: 90 min
- Yield: 8 servings
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup orange juice concentrate
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups crushed pecans
- 2 to 2 1/2 pounds pork loin roast
- 1/3 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- COMBINE cranberries, orange juice, water, cinnamon stick and brown sugar in medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook until cranberries pop and become soft, adding more water if mixture becomes too thick. Remove from heat. Discard cinnamon stick. Mash cranberries using a potato masher. Let cool slightly.
- MIX flour and salt in small bowl; sprinkle evenly into large shallow dish or pan. Whisk together eggs and buttermilk in large bowl. Spread pecans in separate large shallow dish or pan. Roll pork loin in flour mixture, shaking off excess. Coat with buttermilk mixture. Roll in crushed pecans, coating well.
- HEAT oven to 325°F. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork. Brown quickly on all sides, being careful not to displace too many pecans. Place browned pork in a baking dish. Pour sauce evenly over top. Cover with foil.
- BAKE 40 to 50 minutes, or until meat reaches an internal temperature of 155°F. Remove from oven, uncover and allow to rest 10 minutes before serving.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/8 of recipe), Calories 490 (Calories from Fat 260), Total Fat 29g (Saturated Fat 4g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 115mg, Sodium 670mg, Total Carbohydrate 31g (Dietary Fiber 4g, Sugars 14g), Protein 28g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 50%, Calcium 8%, Iron 15%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.