Pecan Praline Toffee Bars
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Ready Time: 90 min
- Yield: 2 to 3 dozen bars
- 2 (14 oz.) cans Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk, caramelized, cooled
- 1 cup Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup plus 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar, divided
- 1 (8 oz.) package English toffee bits
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- CARAMELIZE sweetened condensed milk using one of the methods described below. Set aside to cool.
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Combine flour, chopped pecans, butter and 1/4 cup brown sugar in small bowl. Press in bottom of 13 x 9-inch baking pan. Bake 12 to 15 minutes until lightly browned.
- COMBINE cooled caramelized sweetened condensed milk with toffee bits; set aside. Spray square baking pan with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE pecan halves, remaining 1/2 cup brown sugar and cream in medium bowl. Spread in prepared pan. Bake 20 minutes or until coating is dry and slightly crystallized, stirring after 10 minutes. Remove from oven; stir again. Cool.
- POUR toffee filling over crust. Coarsely break up pecan topping; sprinkle over filling. Cut into bars.
- OVEN METHOD: Pour 1 can sweetened condensed milk into 9-inch pie plate. Cover with aluminum foil; place in larger shallow pan. Fill larger pan with hot water. Bake at 425°F for 1 1/2 hours or until thick and caramel-colored. Beat until smooth.
- STOVETOP METHOD: Pour 1 can sweetened condensed milk, into top of double boiler; place over boiling water. Over low heat, simmer 1 to 1 1/2 hours or until thick and caramel-colored. Beat until smooth.
- MICROWAVE METHOD: Pour 1 can sweetened condensed milk into 2-quart glass measure. Cook on 50% power (medium) 4 minutes, stirring briskly every 2 minutes until smooth. Cook on 30% power (medium-low) 12 to 18 minutes or until very thick and caramel-colored, stirring briskly every 2 minutes until smooth.
- TIP CAUTION: NEVER HEAT UNOPENED CAN.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 of 24 bars), Calories 340 (Calories from Fat 170), Total Fat 19g (Saturated Fat 7g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 25mg, Sodium 110mg, Total Carbohydrate 38g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 32g), Protein 5g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 10%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.