Pepperoni & Cheese Pizza Monkey Bread
- Prep Time: 40 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Ready Time: 120 min
- Yield: 12 servings
- 1 package Pillsbury™ Hot Roll Mix
- 1 cup hot water (120° to 130°F)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pepperoni
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 3 tablespoons Crisco® 100% Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 garlic clove, sliced
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 1/2 cups pizza sauce (optional), warmed
- COMBINE flour and yeast packets from roll mix in large bowl. Stir in water, butter, egg and oregano until dough pulls away from sides of bowl. Add pepperoni and 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese. Knead on lightly floured surface 5 minutes or until smooth, adding more flour as needed. Cover with large bowl; let rest 5 minutes. Microwave olive oil and garlic in shallow bowl on MEDIUM 2 minutes.
- HEAT oven to 375°F. Coat 12-inch pizza pan with no-stick cooking spray. Roll dough into 4 (12-inch) logs. Cut each log into 12 pieces. Shape into balls. Coat lightly with oil and place on prepared pan. Cover and let rise in warm place 20 to 30 minutes or until doubled in size.
- UNCOVER dough. Bake 13 to 15 minutes or until light golden brown. Brush tops with remaining oil. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese and mozzarella cheese. Bake an additional 3 to 4 minutes or until cheese is melted. Cool 10 minutes. Serve with pizza sauce, if desired.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/12 of recipe), Calories 310 (Calories from Fat 140), Total Fat 16g (Saturated Fat 5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 40mg, Sodium 650mg, Total Carbohydrate 30g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 3g), Protein 13g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 8%, Vitamin C 8%, Calcium 15%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.