- Prep Time: 170 min
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Ready Time: 270 min
- Yield: 2 loaves
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup lukewarm water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup water
- 5 to 6 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- SOFTEN yeast in 1/4 cup lukewarm water. Combine sugar, salt and oil in mixing bowl. Stir in hot skim milk.
- ADD 3/4 cup water; cool to lukewarm. Stir in 1 cup flour. Add yeast and 2 more cups flour. Beat with spoon until batter is smooth and elastic.
- STIR in an additional 1 1/2 cups flour, then work in enough flour to make a soft dough that doesn't stick to your fingers.
- TURN onto lightly floured surface; knead about 100 strokes. Spray a large bowl with no-stick cooking spray. Place dough in bowl, turning to coat. Cover with towel; let rise until double in bulk, about 1 1/2 hours.
- HEAT oven to 400ºF. Spray two 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pans with no-stick cooking spray.
- PUNCH down dough; turn onto lightly floured surface. Cut dough in half; shape each half into a smooth ball.
- FLATTEN each ball into a 10 x 9 x 1-inch rectangle. Fold each end of the rectangle toward the center and press down firmly.
- PINCH together along center fold and at ends of dough. Place seam-side down in prepared loaf pans. Cover with towel; let rise until double in bulk, about 1 hour.
- BAKE 45 to 50 minutes, until golden brown. Remove from pans at once; place on cooling rack.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice), Calories 130 (Calories from Fat 25), Total Fat 3g (Saturated Fat 0g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 200mg, Total Carbohydrate 22g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 2g), Protein 3g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.