Peter Rabbit Carrots
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Ready Time: 60 min
- Yield: 24 snacks
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 5 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1 (16 oz.) can Pillsbury™ Creamy Supreme® Cream Cheese Flavored Frosting
- Red and yellow food coloring
- 24 spearmint gumdrop leaves
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- SPRAY two 8 or 9-inch round cake pans with no-stick cooking spray. Melt butter in large saucepan over medium heat. Add marshmallows; cook and stir until melted. Remove from heat. Add cereal; stir until well coated. Divide mixture evenly into prepared pans; press firmly with buttered rubber scraper. Cool 20 minutes.
- TURN cereal rounds out of pans; cut each round into 12 wedges. Use fingers to round curved end slightly to resemble carrot.
- PLACE frosting in microwave-safe measuring cup with pouring spout. Microwave on HIGH (100% power) 30 to 40 seconds or until pourable. DO NOT BOIL. Add red and yellow food coloring 1 drop at a time, mixing until frosting is of desired orange color. Pour frosting over carrot shapes, covering tops completely and allowing some to drizzle down sides. Reheat frosting as necessary to keep it pourable.
- FLATTEN gumdrop leaves on sugared surface with rolling pin until 1/4 inch thick. Cut each leaf into 6 strips with knife or scissors, keeping them attached at bottom. Place gumdrop leaf at top of each carrot.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/24 of recipe), Calories 190 (Calories from Fat 45), Total Fat 5g (Saturated Fat 1.5g, Trans Fat 1g), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 105mg, Total Carbohydrate 37g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 25g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 4%, Calcium 0%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.