Pie Fries with Strawberry Glaze
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Ready Time: 90 min
- Yield: 8 servings
- 1 1/3 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 5 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 stick well-chilled Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- OR 1/2 cup well-chilled Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- 3 to 6 tablespoons ice cold water
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup Smucker's® Squeeze™ Strawberry Fruit Spread
- BLEND flour, 3 tablespoons sugar and salt in medium bowl. Cut shortening into flour mixture using pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- SPRINKLE 3 tablespoons ice water over flour mixture. Stir with fork. Add additional ice water, 1 tablespoon at a time, just until dough holds together when pressed into a ball. Flatten into a round disk. Wrap in plastic wrap. Chill 30 minutes.
- HEAT oven to 375°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Combine 2 tablespoons sugar and cinnamon in small bowl. Roll dough on lightly floured surface into 9 x 7-inch rectangle (about 1/4-inch thick). Cut into 3 1/2 x 1/4-inch strips using pizza cutter. Cut ends of strips at an angle, if desired. Place strips on prepared baking sheet. Brush with butter. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon cinnamon-sugar. Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until light brown. Cool 10 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cinnamon-sugar. Serve with fruit spread.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/8 of recipe), Calories 320 (Calories from Fat 140), Total Fat 15g (Saturated Fat 5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 10mg, Sodium 170mg, Total Carbohydrate 49g (Dietary Fiber 11g, Sugars 16g), Protein 3g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 20%, Iron 15%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.