Pineapple-Apricot Upside Down Cake
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Ready Time: 60 min
- Yield: 9 servings
- Crisco® Butter Flavor No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 (8 oz.) can pineapple tidbits, drained, reserve 1/4 cup juice for cake
- 2/3 cup Smucker's® Apricot Preserves
- 9 maraschino cherries, drained, cut in half
- 1 cup Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1/4 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup milk
- Whipped cream
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Coat 9-inch round cake pan with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE drained pineapple, preserves and cherries. Spread evenly in bottom of prepared pan.
- BEAT flour, sugar, baking powder, shortening, egg, vanilla, milk and 1/4 cup pineapple juice in large bowl with electric mixer until evenly moistened. Beat on medium-high speed for 2 minutes. Spoon over pineapple layer.
- BAKE 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes. Invert onto serving plate. Let rest 5 minutes. Remove pan. Serve slightly warm with whipped cream.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/9 of cake), Calories 190 (Calories from Fat 60), Total Fat 6g (Saturated Fat 1.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 20mg, Sodium 70mg, Total Carbohydrate 31g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 70g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 6%, Calcium 4%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.