Pineapple Cream Cake
- Prep Time: 40 min
- Cook Time: 85 min
- Ready Time: 180 min
- Yield: 12 to 16 servings
- Pillsbury® Baking Spray with Flour
- 1 (20 oz.) can crushed pineapple, juice reserved
- 1 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1 cup Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 2 1/3 cups sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 1/3 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 1/3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1 tablespoon Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- HEAT oven to 325°F. Spray a 10-inch tube pan or 10-inch (12-cup) fluted tube pan with flour no-stick cooking spray.
- DRAIN pineapple at least 15 minutes, reserving 1⁄4 cup juice for glaze.
- COMBINE shortening and sugar in bowl of electric mixer; beat at high speed, scraping sides of bowl frequently, 15 minutes.
- REDUCE speed to low. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add pineapple and vanilla. Beat until blended.
- COMBINE flour and salt in medium bowl; add to shortening mixture alternately with heavy cream, beginning and ending with flour mixture, beating after each addition until well blended. Spoon into prepared pan.
- BAKE 1 hour 25 minutes to 1 hour 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 20 minutes before removing from pan. Place cake, fluted side up for Bundt cake or upside-down for tube cake, on wire rack. Cool completely. Place cake on serving plate.
- COMBINE powdered sugar, reserved 1⁄4 cup pineapple juice and 1 tablespoon shortening in bowl of electric mixer; beat until glaze is of medium-thick consistency. Spread or spoon over top of cake, letting excess glaze run down side.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/12 of cake), Calories 680 (Calories from Fat 260), Total Fat 29g (Saturated Fat 10g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 135mg, Sodium 140mg, Total Carbohydrate 96g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 68g), Protein 7g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 15%, Vitamin C 6%, Calcium 4%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.