- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Ready Time: 45 min
- Yield: 6 to 8 servings
- Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening, for deep frying
- OR Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening, for deep frying
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening, melted
- OR 1 tablespoon Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening, melted
- 1 cup drained crushed pineapple
- 1 cup Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- HEAT 2 or 3 inches shortening to 365ºF in deep fryer or deep saucepan.
- COMBINE egg and milk in large bowl. Stir in 1 tablespoon melted shortening and pineapple. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. Add to egg mixture. Stir just until mixed.
- DROP by tablespoonfuls, a few at a time, into hot shortening. Fry about 2 minutes or until golden brown. Turn as needed for even browning. Remove with slotted metal spoon. Drain on paper towels.
- COMBINE powdered sugar and cinnamon sugar in small bowl. Roll fritters in mixture. Serve warm.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/6 of recipe), Calories 550 (Calories from Fat 360), Total Fat 39g (Saturated Fat 10g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 35mg, Sodium 200mg, Total Carbohydrate 45g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 27g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 6%, Calcium 8%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.