Pineapple Upside Down Cake
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Ready Time: 65 min
- Yield: 12 servings
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 (20-oz.) can pineapple slices, well drained
- 10 maraschino cherries
- 1 package Pillsbury® Moist Supreme® Classic Yellow Premium Cake Mix
- OR Pillsbury® Moist Supreme® Pineapple Flavored Premium Cake Mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 3 large eggs
- HEAT oven to 350ºF.
- MELT butter in small saucepan over low heat; stir in brown sugar and heat until sugar dissolves. Spread evenly into 2 ungreased 9-inch round pans. Arrange 5 pineapple slices over brown sugar mixture in each pan; place cherry in center of each pineapple slice.
- COMBINE cake mix, water, oil and eggs in large bowl of electric mixer; mix at low speed until moistened. Beat 2 minutes at medium speed. Pour cake batter over fruit.
- BAKE 30 to 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Immediately invert cakes onto serving plates. Serve warm.
- TIP To make cake in a 13 x 9-inch pan: Spray pan with no-stick cooking spray. Pour brown sugar mixture in pan. Place 10 pineapple rings in pan; insert cherry into center of each pineapple. Prepare cake batter and pour over fruit. Bake at 350ºF 40 to 55 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Immediately invert onto serving platter.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/12 of cake), Calories 410 (Calories from Fat 160), Total Fat 19g (Saturated Fat 7g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 75mg, Sodium 370mg, Total Carbohydrate 59g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 24g), Protein 3g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%, Vitamin C 6%, Calcium 10%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.