Pink Lemonade Cookie Sandwiches
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Ready Time: 120 min
- Yield: 2 1/2 dozen sandwich cookies
- 1 (17.5 oz.) package Pillsbury™ Pink Lemonade Flavored Cookie Mix
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 (16 oz.) container Pillsbury™ Creamy Supreme® Pink Lemonade Flavored Frosting
- 2 tablespoons Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Rainbow decorator sprinkles (optional)
- HEAT oven to 375°F.
- COMBINE cookie mix, butter and egg in large bowl until soft dough is formed. Use rounded measuring teaspoons of dough to make 1-inch balls. Place 2 inches apart on cookie sheet.
- BAKE 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are set. Cool on cookie sheet 2 minutes. Transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
- BEAT frosting, shortening and powdered sugar in medium bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Place half of cookies flat side up. Spoon 2 teaspoons filling in center of each cookie. Top with remaining cookies, rounded side up. Press gently to spread filling. Roll edges in decorator sprinkles, if desired.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 sandwich cookie of 30), Calories 180 (Calories from Fat 70), Total Fat 8g (Saturated Fat 3g, Trans Fat 1g), Cholesterol 15mg, Sodium 135mg, Total Carbohydrate 28g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 21g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.