Pistachio and White Chocolate Cookies
- Prep Time: 40 min
- Cook Time: 8 min
- Ready Time: 75 min
- Yield: 2 1/2-3 dozen cookies
- 1 cup shelled pistachio nuts
- 1 1/4 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 3/4 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 3/4 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup white chocolate chips or chunks
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Spread pistachios on baking sheet.
- BAKE 7 to 10 minutes or until toasted, stirring several times. Place nuts in kitchen towel; rub with towel to remove most of skin. Cool nuts. Chop coarsely; set aside.
- INCREASE oven temperature to 375°F.
- COMBINE brown sugar, shortening, milk and vanilla in bowl of electric mixer; beat at medium speed until well blended. Add egg; beat well.
- COMBINE flour, salt and baking soda in medium bowl. Add to shortening mixture; beat at low speed just until blended. Stir in white chocolate chips and reserved pistachios.
- DROP by rounded tablespoonfuls of dough 3 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- BAKE 8 to 10 minutes for chewy cookies, or 11 to 13 minutes for crisp cookies. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheets; transfer to cooling racks to cool completely.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 210 (Calories from Fat 120), Total Fat 14g (Saturated Fat 4g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 10mg, Sodium 120mg, Total Carbohydrate 19g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 13g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.