Pitter Patter Petits Fours
- Prep Time: 90 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Ready Time: 180 min
- Yield: 20 to 24 petits fours
- Pillsbury™ Baking Spray with Flour
- 1 package Pillsbury™ Moist Supreme® Classic White Premium Cake Mix
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/3 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 4 large egg whites
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Pink and blue decorator frosting
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Spray 15 x 10 x 1-inch baking pan with no-stick baking spray. Prepare cake mix as directed on package, using water, oil and eggs. Pour into prepared pan.
- BAKE 20 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean; cool. Freeze cake 1 hour to reduce crumbs while cutting. Cut cake into pieces using foot-shaped cookie cutter; return to freezer.
- COMBINE frosting ingredients in small bowl. Blend at low speed until powdered sugar is moistened. Beat at high speed until smooth. If necessary, add 2 to 3 teaspoons water until frosting is of desired drizzling consistency.
- SET cake pieces on wire rack over 15 x 10 x 1-inch baking pan or waxed paper. Spoon frosting evenly over top and sides of cake pieces (frosting that drips off can be reused). Using decorator frosting, outline foot-shaped petits fours.
- PITTER PATTER SHOWER CAKE: Heat oven to 350°F. Spray a 15 x 10-inch jelly roll pan with no-stick cooking spray; line with waxed paper and spray again. Prepare cake as directed above. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake 20 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 15 minutes; carefully remove cake from pan. Remove waxed paper; cool completely.
High Altitude (above 3500 ft.):
- ADD 3 tablespoons flour to dry cake mix. Increase water to 1 1/3 cups. Bake at 375°F for 15 to 25 minutes.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 petit four), Calories 220 (Calories from Fat 60), Total Fat 7g (Saturated Fat 2g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 180mg, Total Carbohydrate 38g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 29g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.