- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 480 min
- Ready Time: 500 min
- Yield: 6 to 8 servings
- 2 pounds beef round steak
- 2 tablespoons Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1 (8 oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1 (8 oz.) can pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Cooked pasta
- CUT round steak into 6 or 8 equal pieces. Combine flour, salt and pepper. Coat meat with flour mixture. Pound to 1/4-inch thickness. Heat oil in skillet. Add meat; brown slowly.
- LAYER onion rings in bottom of slow cooker. Place meat pieces on top. Combine tomato sauce, pizza sauce, water, sugar and oregano. Pour over meat. Cover slow cooker.
- COOK on LOW 8 to 10 hours. Serve meat and sauce over hot cooked pasta.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/6 of recipe), Calories 520 (Calories from Fat 190), Total Fat 21g (Saturated Fat 6g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 95mg, Sodium 1170mg, Total Carbohydrate 40g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 4g), Protein 41g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 10%, Vitamin C 15%, Calcium 8%, Iron 30%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.