Pockets of Lemon Cake
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Ready Time: 85 min
- Yield: 16 servings
- Pillsbury® Baking Spray with Flour
- 1 package Pillsbury® Moist Supreme® Classic White Premium Cake Mix
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/3 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 (15.75 oz.) can lemon pie filling or 1 (3.4 oz.) lemon instant pudding and pie filling, prepared
- 1 (16 oz.) can Pillsbury® Creamy Supreme® Lemon Flavored Frosting
- OR Pillsbury® Creamy Supreme® Vanilla Flavored Frosting
- 1 (8 oz.) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Coat a 13 x 9-inch pan with flour no-stick cooking spray. Prepare cake mix as directed on package, using water, oil and egg whites. Spread batter in prepared pan. Drop pie filling by heaping teaspoonfuls evenly onto batter.
- BAKE 30 to 40 minutes or until edges pull away from pan and top is golden brown. Cool cake in pan for 45 minutes or until completely cooled.
- COMBINE frosting and whipped topping in medium bowl; blend well. Spread over cooled cake.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/16 of cake), Calories 370 (Calories from Fat 140), Total Fat 16g (Saturated Fat 6g, Trans Fat 1.5g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 370mg, Total Carbohydrate 53g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 36g), Protein 3g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 4%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.