Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Ready Time: 35 min
- Yield: 4 servings
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, finely diced
- 4 cups fresh spinach
- OR 1 (10 oz.) package frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup grated pepper jack cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 cups dry bread crumbs
- POUND chicken breasts to half their original thickness.
- HEAT oil in medium skillet. Cook and stir celery, onion and garlic about 5 minutes. Add chipotle pepper and spinach. Cook until spinach is wilted. Cool; add cheese. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- PLACE a quarter of the filling in center of each chicken breast; fold over to enclose filling. Coat with flour, then egg, then breadcrumbs. Repeat with egg and breadcrumbs, pressing gently to adhere.
- HEAT 3 to 4 inches oil in a heavy, deep pan to 365°F. Carefully lower coated chicken into hot oil.
- FRY about 10 minutes or until chicken is golden. Serve immediately.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/4), Calories 660 (Calories from Fat 180), Total Fat 20g (Saturated Fat 6g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 195mg, Sodium 880mg, Total Carbohydrate 67g (Dietary Fiber 4g, Sugars 4g), Protein 50g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 60%, Vitamin C 20%, Calcium 15%, Iron 35%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.