Poppy Seed Muffins
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Ready Time: 60 min
- Yield: 1 dozen
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 1/2 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1/3 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- HEAT oven to 400ºF. Coat 12 medium muffin cups with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE flour, sugar, baking powder, poppy seeds and salt in medium bowl.
- WHISK together milk, oil, eggs and lemon peel in small bowl. Add to dry ingredients. Stir just until moistened (batter will be lumpy). Divide batter between muffin cups.
- BAKE 15 to 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan; cool completely.
- JAM-FILLED POPPY SEED MUFFINS: FOLLOW recipe above, filling muffin cups one-third full. Top with 1/2 teaspoon of your favorite Smucker's® Jam or Jelly. Cover with remaining batter. Bake as above.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 muffin), Calories 230 (Calories from Fat 80), Total Fat 9g (Saturated Fat 1.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 35mg, Sodium 280mg, Total Carbohydrate 33g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 13g), Protein 5g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 15%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.