Potato Corn Cakes with Smoked Cheddar and Creme Fraiche
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Ready Time: 30 min
- Yield: 36-40 appetizers
- 2 cups Hungry Jack® Instant Mashed Potato Flakes
- 2 tablespoons Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup Martha White® Plain Enriched Yellow Corn Meal
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper or to taste
- 2 cups milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup grated smoked Cheddar cheese
- 1 (16 oz.) bag frozen super sweet corn, thawed
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 (8 oz.) container creme fraiche or sour cream
- Fresh chives, finely chopped for garnish
- MIX potato flakes, flour, corn meal, salt, basil, garlic and cayenne pepper in medium bowl. Add milk, egg, cheese and corn. Mix well. Let stand until liquid is absorbed.
- MAKE 1-inch balls, flatten into 1 3/4-inch patties. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat; spray with no-stick cooking spray. Cook potato cakes on both sides until golden brown.
- SERVE with a dollop of creme fraiche or sour cream and chives.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/36 1 appetizer), Calories 60 (Calories from Fat 25), Total Fat 2.5g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 20mg, Sodium 160mg, Total Carbohydrate 7g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 1g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 6%, Calcium 2%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.