Potato-Topped Sloppy Joe Casserole
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Ready Time: 70 min
- Yield: 6 servings
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1 (15.5 oz.) can Sloppy Joe sandwich sauce
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn, thawed and drained
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups Hungry Jack® Instant Mashed Potato Flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Chopped parsley (optional)
- HEAT oven to 325°F. In large skillet, cook ground beef, onion and pepper over medium-high heat until beef is thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently. Drain. Stir in flour. Add sandwich sauce and corn. Mix well. Reduce heat. Simmer 4 to 6 minutes or until thoroughly heated and corn is crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.
- BRING water to a boil in medium saucepan. Remove saucepan from heat. Stir in potato flakes until well blended. Add garlic salt, pepper, sour cream and egg. Mix well.
- SPOON beef mixture into ungreased shallow 2-quart casserole. Spoon potato mixture in circle around edges of casserole. Sprinkle potatoes with cheese.
- BAKE 25 to 30 minutes or until potatoes are set. Sprinkle potatoes with chopped fresh parsley, if desired. Let stand 5 minutes before serving to thicken sauce.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1.6), Calories 350 (Calories from Fat 130), Total Fat 15g (Saturated Fat 4.5g, Trans Fat 0.5g), Cholesterol 95mg, Sodium 630mg, Total Carbohydrate 35g (Dietary Fiber 5g, Sugars 12g), Protein 20g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 20%, Vitamin C 60%, Calcium 4%, Iron 15%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.