Joanna Crumley Hubbard, OR Bake-Off® Contest 42, 2006
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 50 min
- Ready Time: 170 min
- Yield: 24 Servings
- 1 (18.4 oz.) package Pillsbury® Family Size Chocolate Fudge Brownie Mix
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (18 oz.) roll Pillsbury® refrigerated chocolate chip cookies
- HEAT oven to 350°F (325°F for dark pan). Spray a 13 x 9-inch pan with no-stick cooking spray. Make brownie mix as directed on box using oil, water and eggs. Spread batter evenly in pan. Bake 25 minutes while making praline mixture.
- HEAT butter, milk, granulated sugar, brown sugar, pecans and vanilla in 2-quart saucepan to boiling over medium heat, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; set aside until brownies are baked.
- REMOVE partially baked brownies from oven. Immediately pour praline mixture evenly over brownies. Cut cookie dough crosswise into 4 equal pieces; cut each piece into 4 slices. Carefully place slices in 3 rows of 5 slices each, using last slice to fill in spaces. (Spaces between cookie dough pieces will spread during baking to cover top.)
- BAKE an additional 23 to 28 minutes or until cookie topping is deep golden brown. If serving as bars, cool 2 hours; cut into 6 rows by 4 rows. If serving with ice cream as dessert, cool 20 to 30 minutes; cut into 4 rows by 3 rows.
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft):
- SEE directions on package for 13 x 9-inch pan. Increase final bake time to 26 to 31 minutes.
- Bake-Off is a registered trademark of General Mills ©2006 2006 © and ®/™ of General Mills
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/24 of recipe), Calories 310 (Calories from Fat 130), Total Fat 15g (Saturated Fat 4g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 20mg, Sodium 160mg, Total Carbohydrate 41g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 30g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.