Praline Pumpkin Date Muffins
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Ready Time: 70 min
- Yield: 6 jumbo muffins
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray (optional)
- 1 package Pillsbury® Date Quick Bread & Muffin Mix
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon cloves
- 1/3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Spray 6 jumbo-sized muffin cups with no-stick cooking spray or line with jumbo-sized paper baking cups.*
- COMBINE all muffin ingredients in large bowl; stir by hand 50 to 75 strokes or until dry particles are moistened. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups. Combine all topping ingredients in small bowl; sprinkle evenly over batter.
- BAKE 30 to 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 15 minutes; remove from pan. Serve warm or cool completely on wire rack. Wrap tightly with plastic wrap; store in refrigerator.
- TIP *Each jumbo-sized muffin cup is about 2/3 cup. To make standard sized muffins, line 12 muffin cups with paper baking cups. Bake at 400°F for 20 to 25 minutes.
- TIP If desired, substitute Nut Quick Bread and Muffin Mix and omit pecans in muffins. Decrease baking time 5 minutes.
High Altitude (above 3500 ft.):
- ADD 2 tablespoons flour to dry mix. Bake as directed above.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 muffin of 6), Calories 570 (Calories from Fat 230), Total Fat 27g (Saturated Fat 4.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 40mg, Sodium 300mg, Total Carbohydrate 81g (Dietary Fiber 5g, Sugars 48g), Protein 7g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 70%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 4%, Iron 15%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.