Pumpkin Maple Coffee Cake
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Ready Time: 80 min
- Yield: 9 servings
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 1/2 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2/3 cup buttermilk*
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 teaspoon maple flavor
- 1/3 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon maple flavor
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Coat bottom only of 9-inch square pan with no-stick cooking spray.
- For Coffee Cake: COMBINE flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt baking soda, buttermilk, pumpkin, maple flavor, oil and eggs in large bowl until evenly moistened.
- For Topping: STIR together sugar and cinnamon in small bowl. Add maple flavor. Stir with fork until blended.
- SPREAD half of batter in prepared pan. Sprinkle with half of topping. Spoon remaining batter over top. Spread evenly. Sprinkle with remaining topping.
- BAKE 25 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 15 minutes. Serve warm.
- TIP *To substitute for buttermilk, use 2 teaspoons vinegar or lemon juice plus milk to make 2/3 cup.
High Altitude (above 3500 ft.):
- INCREASE flour to 1 2/3 cups. Bake as directed above.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/9 of cake), Calories 290 (Calories from Fat 90), Total Fat 10g (Saturated Fat 1.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 50mg, Sodium 310mg, Total Carbohydrate 48g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 31g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 45%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 10%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.