Pumpkin Nut Bread
A classic, no-fuss quick bread with a spicy mince kick.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 60 min
- Ready Time: 75 min
- Yield: two (9x5-inch) loaves
- 3 1/2 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- 4 large eggs
- 1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 (9-ounce) package None Such® Classic Original Condensed Mincemeat, crumbled
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- PLACE rack in lower half of oven. Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon and baking powder.
- BEAT sugar and shortening in large bowl, until fluffy. Add eggs, pumpkin and water; mix well. Stir in flour mixture, mincemeat and nuts.
- TURN into two greased 9x5-inch loaf pans. Bake 55-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes. Remove from pans. Cool completely. Store leftovers covered at room temperature.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice), Calories 260 (Calories from Fat 90), Total Fat 10g (Saturated Fat 2g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 30mg, Sodium 190mg, Total Carbohydrate 41g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 25g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 45%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.