Pumpkin Ravioli with Salted Caramel Whipped Cream
Christina Verrelli, Devon, PA, Bake-Off® Contest 45, 2012 Finalist
- Prep Time: 70 min
- Cook Time: 14 min
- Ready Time: 70 min
- Yield: 12 two-ravioli servings
- 4 tablespoons LAND O LAKES® Butter, melted
- 2 (3 oz.) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 LAND O LAKES® Egg Yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 5 tablespoons Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/3 cup Fisher® Chef’s Naturals® Chopped Pecans, finely chopped
- 2 cans Pillsbury® Crescent Recipe Creations® refrigerated seamless dough sheet
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons Hershey’s® caramel syrup
- 4 tablespoons McCormick® Cinnamon Sugar
- Heat oven to 375°F. Brush 2 large cookie sheets with 2 tablespoons of the melted butter. In large bowl, beat cream cheese and pumpkin with electric mixer on medium speed about 1 minute or until smooth. Add egg yolk, vanilla, sugar, 3 tablespoons of the flour and pumpkin pie spice; beat on low speed until blended. Reserve 4 teaspoons of the pecans; set aside. Stir remaining pecans into pumpkin mixture.
- Lightly sprinkle work surface with 1 tablespoon of the flour. Unroll 1 can of dough on floured surface with one short side facing you. Press dough into 14x12-inch rectangle. With paring knife, lightly score the dough in half horizontally. Lightly score bottom half of dough into 12 squares (3x2 1/4-inch each). Spoon heaping tablespoon of the pumpkin filling onto center of each square. Gently lift and position unscored half of dough over filling. Starting at the top folded edge, press handle of wooden spoon firmly between mounds and along edges of pumpkin filling to seal. Using toothpick, poke small hole in top of each ravioli. Using a pizza cutter or sharp knife, cut between each ravioli; place 1 inch apart on cookie sheets. Repeat with remaining 1 tablespoon flour, dough sheet and filling. Brush ravioli with remaining 2 tablespoons melted butter.
- Bake 9 to 14 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, beat whipping cream and salt with electric mixer on high speed until soft peaks form. Beat in 2 tablespoons of the caramel syrup until stiff peaks form. Transfer to serving bowl; cover and refrigerate.
- Remove ravioli from oven. Sprinkle ravioli with 2 tablespoons cinnamon sugar; turn. Sprinkle with remaining cinnamon sugar.
- To serve, place 2 ravioli on each of 12 dessert plates. Drizzle each serving with scant teaspoon of the caramel syrup; sprinkle with reserved chopped pecans. With spoon, swirl remaining 1 tablespoon caramel syrup into bowl of whipped cream. Serve warm ravioli with whipped cream.
Bake-Off is a registered trademark of General Mills ©2012 / LAND O LAKES is a registered trademark of Land O’Lakes, Inc. / McCormick and the Mc logo are registered trademarks of McCormick & Company, Incorporated, used by permission. / Fisher® is a registered trademark of John B. Sanfilippo & Son, Inc. ©2012 / Hershey’s® is a registered trademark of The Hershey Company, Hershey, PA, 17033
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/12 of recipe), Calories 380 (Calories from Fat 220), Total Fat 2g (Saturated Fat 13g, Trans Fat 0.5g), Cholesterol 70mg, Sodium 440mg, Total Carbohydrate 35g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 8g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 45%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 6%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.