Pumpkin Roll with Vanilla Cream and Caramel Glaze
- Prep Time: 45 min
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Ready Time: 180 min
- Yield: 10 slices
- 2/3 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) cold butter, cut into slices
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup PET® Evaporated Milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (optional)
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 cup Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup solid pack pumpkin
- Smucker's® Sundae Syrup™ Caramel Flavored Syrup
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted*
- COMBINE shortening and butter in a small deep mixing bowl. Beat with an electric mixer on high speed until smooth and fluffy. In separate bowl, combine powdered sugar, evaporated milk, vanilla, salt and pumpkin pie spice, if desired, on low speed until well combined. Add shortening mixture to powdered sugar mixture. Beat on high speed of mixer just until stiff peaks form. Cover and refrigerate.
- HEAT oven to 375°F. Sift powdered sugar generously over clean towel. Spray 15 x 10 x 1-inch jelly roll pan with no-stick cooking spray. Line with wax paper and spray with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and baking powder in small bowl. Beat eggs in large bowl with electric mixer until thick. Gradually add sugar and pumpkin, and then flour mixture. Once flour is incorporated, beat 1 minute more. Spread batter evenly into pan.
- BAKE 9 to 12 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Immediately loosen cake around edges and invert onto towel. Carefully remove wax paper. Roll cake in towel beginning at narrow end. Cool cake completely on wire rack.
- UNROLL cake; spread filling evenly to edges of cake. Re-roll cake; wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate several hours before serving.
- DRIZZLE cake with caramel syrup and sprinkle with toasted almonds. Serve slices with additional caramel syrup.
- TIP To toast nuts: Place almonds in dry nonstick skillet; cook over medium heat, shaking pan until nuts are lightly browned.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/10), Calories 500 (Calories from Fat 220), Total Fat 24g (Saturated Fat 10g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 110mg, Sodium 190mg, Total Carbohydrate 66g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 54g), Protein 5g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 90%, Vitamin C 4%, Calcium 6%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.